The daily ramblings & musings of the notorious nWo n8 Dogg.

Friday, April 19, 2002

I wonder why wrestling fans get so possesive over wrestling stars when they venture into the mainstream media arena? Is it because any attack on them, is an attack on wrestlings fans themselves, which basically is an attack on their own self? Personally for some odd reason I treat the wrestling stars as a some sort of family member and don't like it when they get badmouthed. It may be because the "thing" that is wrestling, (unexplainable, not a tv show or play its all) is so interactive. It comes to me almost daily on TV (my hypno-box), it hits me on the net (HB2), and live events are like home-comings. Since wrestling broke kayfabe (acting like there is nothing predetermined) years ago, the superstars behind the characters have come to the forefront. Most fans know the real name and hometowns of the stars, and a masked man is not as mysterious as years gone by, since with one click, you can find the face you search for. So when one of "my" family is even briefly mentioned in the mainstream news, my ears are like a rabbit, they perk up and I wait for the stereotypical, cheesy, quick laugh from the rest of my ignorant studio peers, smart remark. I actually anticipate it. Come to think of it I think the same way when any rapper is mentioned in mainstream news too. By the way, Will Smith is not a rapper.

Anyways, the thought of the media saying something nice, doesn't even occur to me. Maybe its from all the years of people shockingly informing me that "Wrestlings not real you know?", Cha really, wow. I guess I'm never watching TV again, or going to the movies either. I'm jaded I guess. While I read, listen or view the coverage I am scanning for negative connotation and basic anti-wrestling garbage and I skip over all the good press. If there is nothing bad, I can breathe again. No riling me up. Even if the piece was a fantastic, super pro-wrestling feature, it won't make me smile, I'm content with knowing that we "survived" that one.

I say all this because wrestlings newest favorite son, The Rock is out promoting the Scorpion King this week. There was a brief mention on Howard Stern this morning, and once they said Scorpion King, I was ready. They didn't say anything bad, breathe again, unclench fists. But yesterday I saw Talk Soup (no Aisha Tyler, BOO DEM) and some typical gossip/comedy writer american ignoramus was talking about Rock and his co-star Michal Duncan (giant guy from Green Mile) and said something "now theres a brain trust". Why do you think they are dumb? A big black guy and ........ a wrestler. First the stereotype of Michael is so damn racist, I can't even think about that. Then the stereotype of Rock because he a wrestler is ridiculous. That dude is one smart mofo. He carries himself like some suave, charming, debonaire aristocrat not the 'image in your head dumb jock bar room brawler in underwear guy'. He's more cooler in public than JFK or JFK jr. ever were.

By the way, mainstream cheese "reporters" (aka somebody notice me, I'm making a smart remark, look at me I'm witty, LOOK AT ME), wrestling is not all about breaking folding chairs over peoples heads. Oh wait, I guess every rapper who doesn't have a lollipop sticking out their ass, is a "gun-toting, gangster rapper". My bad.

Damn, I got vex. Everytime I think I have nothing to say. Pure rant ah come.

A new layout (skin numba tree) is coming soon time.

Back over at the soap opera As the CrazyKelvin.com World turns, the Florida has dumb ass people storyline is all but ended. The poll participants # is back to under 10 and gradually decreasing to its proper number of 5 voters. The comments section is being properly used again by only the intended constituents of Boss Kelvin (BK).

THA LINK OF THE POST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home