The daily ramblings & musings of the notorious nWo n8 Dogg.

Friday, January 25, 2002

Why can't I ever go to sleep when I plan on it? Rass. I finally got the dotcom host back up on Rogers webspace - seemed a needed since @home dunned the service dead yesterday. Heh.

Now for more problems, the sweet Vince Carter/Streaming Multimedia presentation is done. Yet I can't friggin host it anywhere properly. Dammit.

The flash is 13 mb (yes yes its big). Rogers give me 10 per email damn.

Ok so let's go to my free webspace saviours Tripod. Hosts it all fine, but it can't read the .smil file properly and embeds it into the browser, therefore it's one ugly webpage and the Flash doesn't play (diff codes for embedding flash in smil). Ok, new plan. Put all text files & images on Rogers and flash and videos on Tripod. Dammit.

That didn't work, because of Tripods policy of no file storage (aka hosting large files on Tripod and linking from other pages) now who would do a dastardly thing like that? RASS DEM!!! Basically the .smil file goes into seizure trying play the flash file it can't find.

More problems was when i just tried to play the .smil file directly through RealPlayer -- the stupid banner code attaches itself to my .smil file and is not xml proper and everything goes bananas again. Ok fine. Then I create .zip file of the text files which source the images & media online. I figure files can be played on a dektop, I've hosted media files on Tripod before and link on a page that was on my desktop before. So hey just a little more work for the user. Better than nothing. You know that didn't work. So basically I've wasted about a week. I was using this for job getting. So how do I show it now? CD? Or make the person download a 13mb flash file? Oh that exhibits STREAMING Multimedia for sure.

Last resort was signing up for Barrysworld. They support php and have 20mb free. So what the hell. Takes so damn long to see my files up there. Plus I dunno if the .smil stuff works ... yet and the total of my folder is 24mb -- includes an .mp3 and 3 Real Videos. Dammit.

I go sleep now, wait until maybe the servers over there at BW (in UK) find my shizznit.

In the hockey pool, I'm 5-5 vs Wetty Boyceee. He's in last place and just returned home from holidays. And yet he's still tied with me. Actually he was leading until he logged in and actually did stuff to his team. hahaha. heh.

Oh yeah post-smackdown thoughts: n - dubya - o 4 life. nWo that's us we're baaaaaack. The band is back together again ... making its climax for WRESTLEMANIA, which is where? oh yes, the T DOT O DIZZYDOT. nWo Toronto never seemed so apropro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home