The daily ramblings & musings of the notorious nWo n8 Dogg.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Destiny

If you can't see the passing of the torch coming, you don't know sports ... and it's keen interest in Hollywoodesque drama. Especially pitting leaders vs each other. It's the American way.

This year I (and probably David Stern) expect (hope) the finals will end up Kobe vs King James .. I mean Lakers vs Cavs. Is this the year LBJ takes his crown and to paraphrase a legend "be the man, by beating THE (incumbent) man"? Maybe, but Kobe is still Kobe and he isn't going down without a fight, especially when he NEEDS to win one without Shaq's giant shadow looming. Like how Messier needed his win after Gretzky left Edmonton. Kobe is gangsta, and he isn't going anywhere. This is a scary vision for anyone in his way.

Then again I don't want to see THIS coming at me either.

I think I saw a similar torch passing this last Sunday though. Hmmm things may not go so well for Kobe.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous PJay said...

Sure, the 1 season I don't pick the Lakers, they are right in the hunt for it all.

April 28, 2009 at 3:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home