The daily ramblings & musings of the notorious nWo n8 Dogg.

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Greatest is in...

The doors to Cooperstown swung open on Monday for Rickey Henderson. Henderson was the all-time leader with 1,406 steals and 2,295 runs scored. Widely considered to be the greatest leadoff hitter ever, he was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in his first time on the ballot with 94.8 percent of the votes cast by the Baseball Writers' Association of America.

"I feel great about it," said the 50-year-old Henderson during a conference call on Monday. "I love the game and I wanted to continue playing. It came to a time that I had to stop. It's been five years and they chose me to go into the Hall of Fame. So I couldn't be any more thrilled or pleased."

Rickey is my favorite player ever .1 more than Robbie Alomar (who incidentally WILL be inducted next year). Too bad my 2 faves come at recession time ... and Vancouver Olympics coming. Damn it. Oh well I'll be watching/streaming from home. RICKEY RICKEY RICKEY.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home